Garden Art Project
Here Come The Suns!
The 2013 Garden Art Project. Now in its fourth year, the project was developed to promote community participation and artist collaboration at RBG, as well as raise awareness and developmental support for the Gardens.
Local artists and enthusiastic people of all skill levels are encouraged to artistically interpret a sun design, created and cut-out from plywood by RBG volunteers. When the suns have been completed by artists and returned, RBG staff will position and install the finished pieces throughout the Gardens where they will be displayed from Mother’s Day to Labor Day for all visitors to enjoy.
The 36 suns will be available for pickup, while supplies last, at the RBG Parker Education Center beginning the week of February 4, 2013 during regular business hours.
Participation/sponsorship fee is $40. Artist supplies will be the responsibility of the sponsor, group or individual.
- February 4 – Suns available for pickup at the Parker Education Center
(Registration fee due at time of pickup)
- April 1 – Deadline to return suns
- April 2 through May 11 – Suns receive clear coat treatment and are installed in the Gardens
- May 12 through September 6 – Suns are on display throughout the Gardens.
- September 15 – Suns Garden Art Auction
Interested artists may contact Denise at (608) 752-3885, ext. 19
Date: January 28, 2013