Botanic Talk: Bumble Bees of South-Central Wisconsin
August 3 @ 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm$10 – $17
Get acquainted with the bumble bees found in south central Wisconsin
This program explores the biology of bumble bees, their flower preferences, and how to identify our local species.
Along with presenter Ann Pedder Reilly, we will walk through the gardens to observe bees and see what species we can find. Learn how you can help sustain bee populations. This program features Ann’s bumble bee photos.
Note: Between 40 minutes and 1 hour of this program will be spent walking the Gardens. Please dress or bring clothes and footwear suitable for some time outdoors.
Event details & registration information
- Time and date: 5:30-7:30 p.m. on Wednesday, Aug. 3 (Rain date is Thursday, Aug. 4)
- Location: Rotary Botanical Gardens, 1455 Palmer Drive, Janesville
- Registration cost:
- $10 for RBG members; $17 for non-members
- Registration deadline: Aug. 1
- Capacity: 20 participants
- Other information: Between 40 minutes and 1 hour of this program will be spent walking the Gardens. Please dress or bring clothes and footwear suitable for some time outdoors.
To register, please register and pay online using the form at the bottom of this page, or complete this form (PDF) and submit with your payment.
ALL areas of the registration form must be complete. Please complete a separate form for each registrant.
- In person: at our Garden Gift Gallery via check, cash, or credit card.
- By mail: send completed form with your check made out to Rotary Botanical Gardens to Attn: Education Coordinator, 1455 Palmer Drive, Janesville, WI 53545.
- NOTE: Registration and payment must be received prior to the deadline in order to be enrolled in the class.
- By phone: please call (608) 752-3885 to register over the phone with a credit card.
- Online: Complete the form found further down on this page.
Cancellations & refunds
Classes cancelled due to low enrollment will be refunded automatically, and you will be notified by phone or email of the cancellation.
Please call (608) 314-8415 or email [email protected] with any questions concerning this program.
The registration deadline for this workshop is Aug. 1, 2022.