- This event has passed.
CANCELLED Botanic Talk: The Prairie Ecosystem and its Plants
July 13 @ 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm$10 – $17
We’re sorry, but this event has been cancelled.
Explore the prairie ecosystem by learning about its history in southern Wisconsin
Explore the prairie ecosystem by learning about its history in southern Wisconsin and the diverse types of prairies found here.
Along with presenter Ann Pedder Reilly, we will visit the RBG prairie to view the unique plants that grow there. Learn about prairie restoration efforts and how you can be part of the movement.
This program includes educational materials about prairie plants you can grow in your yard.
Note: Between 40 minutes and 1 hour of this program will be spent walking the Gardens. Please dress or bring clothes and footwear suitable for some time outdoors.
Event details & registration information
- Time and date: 5:30-7:30 p.m. on Wednesday, July 13 (Rain date is Thursday, July 14)
- Location: Rotary Botanical Gardens, 1455 Palmer Drive, Janesville
- Registration cost:
- $10 for RBG members; $17 for non-members
- Registration deadline: July 11
- Capacity: 20 participants
- Other information: Between 40 minutes and 1 hour of this program will be spent walking the Gardens. Please dress or bring clothes and footwear suitable for some time outdoors.
To register, please register and pay online using the form at the bottom of this page, or complete this form (PDF) and submit with your payment.
ALL areas of the registration form must be complete. Please complete a separate form for each registrant.
- In person: at our Garden Gift Gallery via check, cash, or credit card.
- By mail: send completed form with your check made out to Rotary Botanical Gardens to Attn: Education Coordinator, 1455 Palmer Drive, Janesville, WI 53545.
- NOTE: Registration and payment must be received prior to the deadline in order to be enrolled in the class.
- By phone: please call (608) 752-3885 to register over the phone with a credit card.
- Online: Complete the form found further down on this page.
Cancellations & refunds
Classes cancelled due to low enrollment will be refunded automatically, and you will be notified by phone or email of the cancellation.
Please call (608) 314-8415 or email [email protected]org with any questions concerning this program.
The registration deadline for this workshop is July 11, 2022.
We're sorry, but online registration has closed.