Botanic Talk: Weed Identification and Management
September 14 @ 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm$10 – $17
Weeds are the bane of every gardener!
This program will help you identify the weeds you have using your observation skills.
Along with presenter Ann Pedder Reilly, we will look at weeds and describe them using words you already know. Weed management will also be discussed with an emphasis on environmental safety.
We will walk through the gardens to find weeds and try to identify them. This program will provide resources for identifying weeds on your own.
Note: Between 40 minutes and 1 hour of this program will be spent walking the Gardens. Please dress or bring clothes and footwear suitable for some time outdoors.
Event details & registration information
- Time and date: 5:30-7:30 p.m. on Wednesday, Sept. 14 (Rain date is Thursday, Sept. 15)
- Location: Rotary Botanical Gardens, 1455 Palmer Drive, Janesville
- Registration cost:
- $10 for RBG members; $17 for non-members
- Registration deadline: Sept. 12
- Capacity: 20 participants
- Other information: Between 40 minutes and 1 hour of this program will be spent walking the Gardens. Please dress or bring clothes and footwear suitable for some time outdoors.
To register, please register and pay online using the form at the bottom of this page, or complete this form (PDF) and submit with your payment.
ALL areas of the registration form must be complete. Please complete a separate form for each registrant.
- In person: at our Garden Gift Gallery via check, cash, or credit card.
- By mail: send completed form with your check made out to Rotary Botanical Gardens to Attn: Education Coordinator, 1455 Palmer Drive, Janesville, WI 53545.
- NOTE: Registration and payment must be received prior to the deadline in order to be enrolled in the class.
- By phone: please call (608) 752-3885 to register over the phone with a credit card.
- Online: Complete the form found further down on this page.
Cancellations & refunds
Classes cancelled due to low enrollment will be refunded automatically, and you will be notified by phone or email of the cancellation.
Please call (608) 314-8415 or email [email protected] with any questions concerning this program.
The registration deadline for this workshop is Sept. 12, 2022.